How can we start to think happy thoughts ?
First, let’s figure out what happy thoughts are. What if you found out your private thoughts and conversations are not private at all; you might be terrified. Suppose your every thought and every conversation through the day was posted on your social media account? Terrifying? Yes, for most people this would be more terrifying then death itself. As a matter of fact many would choose suicide over the consequence of exposing our true thoughts. Yet this example will help to highlight the nature of our thoughts. The truth is many people are thinking thoughts which do not lead to happiness. The truth of this is available for anyone willing to seek it and ponder this social media scenario. No, of course your thoughts will not be broadcast through the internet, but your thoughts and actions are recorded in your own personal soul record.
Happy thoughts lead to more happiness
If we wish to grow spiritually and continue to evolve our soul, we must learn to control our thoughts. Thoughts are the precursor to our experience of life and bad thoughts lead to bad life experiences. Our habitual thoughts lead to every experience and situation in life. What this example illustrates for us, in the here and now, is we know happy thoughts vs bad thoughts, we know what thoughts are destructive, we know love -vs- hate and we know compassion -vs- cruelty. The more your ego has control, the more fearful you are of exposing your hidden thoughts and actions.
We are never afraid to share happy thoughts with others
The more we think and do from our higher spiritual self, the more we are willing to share those happy thoughts and actions with the world. One brings us closer to light and unity, (see post “Unity Or Isolation“) the other propels us into darkness, isolation and separateness (see post “Isolation Or Unity.”) Every time we are acting from the ego we are isolating ourselves to our own selfish desires and thoughts. In addition, we become fearful of those thoughts and feelings being shared or exposed to others. The thoughts originating from the ego are private and rarely are we willing to share these thoughts; nor are we proud of them. Due to this ego dominance we must fight to protect our inner thoughts, and as a result we end up fighting with others. Every time we love, have compassion, are grateful, or are at peace, this voice of truth is moving through us. These thoughts we willingly share with everyone and wouldn’t be afraid of posting them on our social media.
Applying the idea:
- Imagine every thought, conversation and action through the day was automatically uploaded to your social website. At the end of the day, week, month, year ask yourself:
- How many friends do you have left?
- How much of your family is willing to speak with you?
- Do your neighbors still like you?
- Do you still have your job?
- Are you still with your significant other?
- Do you even like yourself? (Yes I know this is almost a comical exercise, but in reality if it were real…)
- If you have happy thoughts you are not afraid to share, what do they have in common?
- Do you feel closer to people or more distant as a result of these thoughts?
- Every time you have thoughts which originate from the selfishness of the ego do you feel closer to people or more distant?
- Given the general theme of all your thoughts and actions of your life so far, would you be eager or reluctant to upload all these into the spiritual realm of your soul where there are no private thoughts.
The mere act of being exposed to the truth of our own thoughts has the effect of raising our consciousness, unless of course we prefer to live in ignorance. I guess that’s where the old saying “Ignorance is bliss” comes from. What we must remember however is this bliss will not last once truth has shined a light upon it.
Please share if you found this post to be meaningful. I would love to hear your comments and thoughts… Thank you for reading : )